Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My clutch failed 13 months after I bought a brand new SUV. Don't know why.?

I have been driving a clutch for approximately 20 years, and only once did I have to change a clutch after 11 years with one car and never with the other. I love Honda vehicles but I bought one 13 months ago and it just decided to fail. The dealer assumes it me since there were no recalls, Does anyone have any idea as to why this would happen?
My clutch failed 13 months after I bought a brand new SUV. Don't know why.?
Honda hasn't been building SUV's for as long as some other car makers but they usually get things right. It sounds like this should be under warranty and there should be no excuses from the dealer. I would make them replace it and I would not take no for an answer. I would then contact the customer service representative from the corporation itself. Honda has always kept communication channels open when it comes to input about their vehicles. I have owned 4 of them and I had to replace the clutch on 1. It wasn't an SUV but I didn't know what I was getting when I bought it. If I didn't know better I would have to think that the clutches in these SUV's are a weak spot that needs to be addressed at the manufacturing level or needs to be recalled to fix the problem. Good luck.
My clutch failed 13 months after I bought a brand new SUV. Don't know why.?
If it %26quot;failed%26quot; meaning something broke it should be under warranty.



If it is %26quot;worn out%26quot; meaning the clutch material is all worn off, the only %26quot;cause%26quot; of this is excessive slipping of the clutch.



SUV's are heavier than most vehicles, they are much less forgiving of clutch slipping than smaller vehicles.